Words Written Write Blog
(say that 10 times fast)
Why It’s Absolutely Fantastically Wonderful To Wear A MaskI have found that a new source of entertainment for me is to listen to why people hate wearing masks. Most of the reasons focus on breathing issues and being able to understand what people wearing a mask are saying to you. These issues, I have found, fade in comparison to what wonderful assets there are to wearing a mask. Here is a list that I’ve put together to keep in mind the next time you want to utter a complaint about your mask.
1. A money saving asset. Think of all the money you are saving by not having to buy lipstick. For many of you, that includes base coat and gloss. We’re talking mega bucks that are being saved over the year. Hooray for our money-saving masks.
2. Dental issues: So, your dentist has given you the quote for fixing that big gap between your two front teeth. Your insurance will pay for some of it, but there’s going to be a pretty big out-of-pocket expense as well. This mask-wearing period has come just in time for you. While you’re walking around hiding your teeth behind the mask, you can also be saving up the bucks needed to get the job done when the pandemic is over and the masks come off. Nobody can see the gap in your teeth. By now they’ve probably forgotten it’s there, and in the meantime you’re saving money so that you can get the dental work done as soon as the money is there.
3. OMG you’ve just indulged in your favorite Italian restaurant’s garlic bread, consuming at least three pieces of that garlicky buttery delight. You’ve totally forgotten that you have a one o’clock meeting with your company’s CEO. SMILE! You’re in good shape. Remember your mask will be on. You’re the only one who will be able to smell your delightful garlicky breath.
4. So, you’ve got a huge cold sore that seemed to have popped up overnight. Forget about it. Nobody can see it. They can only see your beautiful eyes.
5. Wearing a mask is a huge bonus when you’re listening to someone talk who is driving you crazy. They are talking like an expert about things they know nothing about. Instead of interrupting you can stick your tongue out at her, purse your lips make a “what trash’” look with your mouth and you are the only one who knows how you are expressing your reaction to the talker. JUST DON’T ROLL YOUR EYES.
6. You look younger. Think about it. Where do we age first? The smile lines around our mouths. When the lower part of your face is hidden behind a mask you can appear 10 or 15 years younger. I know a man in his early 40’s who was with his 6-year-old twins in a super market (all in masks) and the cashier carded him – carded him! Can you believe that?! Hooray for masks that, in this case, took off more than 20 years.
7. At last, people are noticing what beautiful eyes you have. Until mask-wearing began all anybody ever commented on was your warm smile – not a bad thing but, please see my gorgeous blue eyes.
All-in-all, I’d say there are a lot of advantages to wearing a mask. Let’s live with this new phenomenon and even embrace it!